Sunday, June 28, 2009

Reality is stranger than the plot of a stoner flick…

From the BBC Asia-Pacific Desk:

Stoned wallabies make crop circles

Apparently poppy crops in Australia, used for the manufacture of pharmaceuticals are being consumed by marsupials, who then get high, behave strangely and eventually start pawning family heirlooms just to support their habit.

The BBC page has some great comments; I’ve copied my favourites below.

I saw a whole bunch of them dingos going mad in my corn field only last night. I'm not sure if they were high or not but I'm pretty sure they were. One of them had a ghettoblaster and they were listening to some kind of fast electronic music. Lock 'em up and throw away the key, that's what I say!
Roger, Melbourne

I want to know who sold out the wallabies? Who's the narc? My guess is the platypus, he is such an odd duck.
Chet Guest, St. Paul, Minnesota USA

Don't know about crop circles but I saw one today trying to jack a car, presumably trying to get enough together for his next fix.
Greg Corcoran, Durham, UK

No comments: